The name of the organisation shall be called the Halstead Community Led Plan Steering Group, hereafter referred to as the committee.
The purpose of the committee shall be to work in partnership with Halstead Parish Council to carry out the following tasks :
- Investigate and identify support for the Community Led Plan;
- Identify sources of funding;
- Take responsibility for planning, budgeting and monitoring expenditure on the plan and report back to the Parish Council on these matters;
- Liaise with relevant authorities and organisations to make the plan as effective as possible;
- Identify ways of involving the whole community and gather the views and opinions of as many groups and organisations in the community as possible;
- Determine the types of survey and information gathering to be used;
- Be responsible for the analysis of the survey, the production and distribution of the final report;
- Identify priorities and timescale for local action in the action plan including lead organisations and potential sources for project funding;
- To report back to the Parish Council on progress, issues arising and outcomes from the exercise.
The committee shall consist of up to 10 members;
No more than 2 of these members will also be members of Halstead Parish Council;
The committee may co-opt additional members at its discretion, so long as the total number of co-opted members does not exceed the number of elected members;
A person shall cease to be a member of the committee having notified the chair or secretary in writing of his or her wish to resign.
At the first meeting the committee will elect a chairperson, a secretary, a treasurer, a publicity officer and a volunteer co-ordinator. All the other committee members should have a specific role, to be agreed by the committee.